Monday, April 30, 2012

Nearly there

I've been working on a patchwork quilt for our bed, my second quilting attempt around the time that Cora was born 5 months ago. Last week I finished the quilt top and I'm pretty happy. I've almost finished the backing, but had a moment just on the home stretch where I stitched the last piece on the wrong way around. Yep, I swore. Yep, the 'F' one. Will be spending tomorrow unpicking and hopefully will get to the shop to buy some batting.


Our little quilting group are getting together later in the week and I'm determined to have it ready to start quilting together.  Let's hope I don't make the same mistake twice with the backing.

Being a "starter" and not much of a "finisher" of course I've started my next project already. I'm doing the hourglass block that my friend Karen is working on too. I bought a Moda Jelly Roll for this one so the hard work of choosing colours is done for me. I'm really enjoying piecing this together and the perfectionist/ control freak in me gets a huge joy hit every time I get perfect points with my sewing.


This is for Mum's 60th in August. Not quite sure how it's going to get half way around the world from NZ to Scotland, but I'll figure that one out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails