Sunday, February 7, 2010

Planes, Facials and Sailing


I've had a very indulgent couple of days.

The next three things are something that I don't get very much of these days.


Hot coffee, and I mean hot coffee. I'm used to drinking lukewarm stuff. Reading my book in daylight hours and pamper time.



Me time. I don't get a lot of that these days. Looking at this photo I can almost see why two people have asked me if I'm expecting recently. NO! I'm not pregnant, I just like eating and forget to hold my tummy in when having my photo taken. I'm human.



Music Man works for a company that takes partners on Regional Meetings once a year. Lucky me! Whilst he was having his very important meeting, I got to relax, go for a walk into Wanaka in the South Island of New Zealand and get back for a small pamper session in the day spa. A facial. Honestly, It was so indulgent I almost felt guilty. Almost.



I didn't get any photographs of Wanaka. But did get some photo's that capture the effervesence of Queenstown, probably the jewel of New Zealand. This doesn't even honour the beauty of the place, but maybe some of its serenity. It's a busy bustling tourist area, but its still so wonderfully awe inspiring and serene. A contradiction in terms.

We were lucky enough to have an Americas Cup yacht racing experience.




This is one of the tour guides giving us the lowdown on where not to put our fingers. Yes I wanted to keep mine, so I listened very carefully. The ropes can have up to 4 tonnes of weight on them at any time, so I wasn't taking any chances. Yachts of this size normally have a crew of 17 when racing, we had a crew of 4, plus the tourists (us) on hand to help. We got to grind and help with the tacking back up the lake. I'm not one to indulge in deep water. 10+ knots on no wind, I think I may have just wet myself if there had been more than a whiff of a breeze that day.

After that it was off to the Gondola for lunch and a couple of runs down the Luge before heading to the airport. Man, the Luge was so much fun! I could have gone another few runs and taken the men on. The competitive nature in me wants to beat the boys. I've been like this all my life.





Fortunately for me, Music Man is so much more competitive. I left the racing to him. Next time boys, next time!

What a view.

It was a wonderful couple of days.

However. There's always got to be some lowlights.

Arranging three lots of people and day-care to look after my two kids for just over 36 hours - a mission I'm not willing to do again that readily. I almost cancelled going. Twice.

Packing for yourself is a small task. Open case. Chuck in the basics. Curse yourself when you haven't packed some essentials.

Falling into the pool very ungracefully in front of Music Mans colleagues - priceless! Gutted that I then had to blow dry and straighten my unruly hair when I'd done it the day before. Plan was no to do this. Hmm.

Going to bed with indigestion. Over indulging in food is so much fun. Until then.

Kids survived. I survived. I enjoyed myself actually. Don't want to do it again for a while. But I had fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! Good book, good relaxation, good views, good activities, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful ~ and warm!
    l,
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails