Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Fright Night

*disclaimer* Anyone with arachnaphobia should proceed to view the next image with caution.








One of these crawled out from under the lapel of a business shirt I was ironing last night.

Someone somewhere wants me to die of fright.

Seriously.

I

am

petrified

of

whitetail

spiders.

When I lived in Scotland a HUGE (ok, a couple of cm diameter) common house spider crawled down the front of my dressing gown onto my naked flesh. There began my fear of spiders.

Miss E was bitten on her foot by what we suspect was a whitetail last year. She was fine, but watching the wee one in a lot of pain simply perpetuated my fear.

I don't know if I'll ever get over either event. I know it's irrational.

All I know is, I'm pleased Music Man was there to dispose of the critter. Last time I found one on my own It took me 30 mins to pluck the courage up to get a glass over the thing.

My heart nearly exploded out of my chest.

Now if you excuse me, I'm off to call pest control to get the entire house sprayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so please leave me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails