Having the in-laws over for dinner and after flicking through my folder of recipes I thought I'd make a super simple and easy lemon roulade. My friend K gave me the recipe and I've made it a few times, it's pretty foolproof and very yummy!
The lemon curd recipe makes 3 cups and you only use 1/2 cup for the filling so plenty left over for the fridge. The sponge only takes around 8 minutes in a hot oven and cools pretty quickly too. No creaming butter and sugar.
1 cup castor sugar
Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- Melt butter on medium high heat
- Whisk in sugar, lemon zest, juice and eggs
- Whisk continually on medium heat until it just begins to boil and remove from heat immediately.
4 eggs at room temp
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup SR flour
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Sift flour into mixture and fold together.
- Line a 25cm x 35cm jelly roll pan and spray with a light coating of oil
- Bake on 200oC for 8 minutes or until risen and toast coloured.
- Turn out onto a clean sheet of baking paper and cool completely.
1/2 cup lemon curd
- Whip cream until thick, fold in lemon curd.
- Keeping sponge on the baking paper score approx 1cm along the long edge of it.
- Spread cream mix over entire surface of sponge.
- Fold in the scored edge and use paper to wrap your sponge into a roulade; using the paper to roll it like you would a sushi roll.
- Dust with icing sugar.
This is in the oven right now and I'm just chilling with a cup of coffee before my in-laws arrive.
Are you having a relaxing Sunday?